PUBLIC HOURS AND MEETINGS SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
In light of recent developments regarding COVID-19, we wanted to reach out and provide an update on our public hours and 2020 meeting schedule.
The Central Valley Flood Protection Board is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments, which have created uncertainty for us all. Just like every organization, we are unsure how this will play out, for how long, and how it will affect our upcoming meetings.
What is clear is the seriousness of this rapidly spreading virus. Thus, we are taking the following steps:
- Public Counter Hours are currently suspended until further notice, but the Board remains open for business. We can be contacted by phone or email as noted below.
- The October 23rd, 2020 Board Meeting will go on as scheduled, however, the public is requested to attend remotely. For further details check our October 23rd event page. Instructions on how to join the Meeting are below:
- Past recordings can be viewed on the CVFPB YouTube Channel
- Background for agenda items is available electronically. Please email the Clerk at
Ryan.Jones@CVFlood.ca.gov to request an electronic copy of any agenda item.
JOIN LIVE ONLINE WEBEX CVFPB MEETING (click link)
CVFPB Meeting Room
https://cadwr.webex.com/meet/CVFPB | 1328038260
Join by video system
Dial CVFPB@cadwr.webex.com and enter your host PIN .
You can also dial 184.108.40.206 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
1-844-517-1271 US Toll Free
Access code: 132 803 8260
- We will make changes to workshops, committee meetings and other programs in April and beyond on an event-by-event basis to ensure the safety and health of our stakeholders, attendees and staff. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this weekend issued guidance to postpone events over the next eight weeks with 50 or more people. Many of our events are below that threshold but we will assess whether to carry out those events as the time gets closer.
- Please check our website for periodic updates; we will be updating events as we confirm next steps around postponement or cancellation based on public health guidelines.
- We expect many of our staff will be working remotely to do our part to stem the virus’ progression. Thus, emailing us rather than calling our office with your questions is the best way to reach us. If you are currently working with a staff member on an item, please continue to contact that staff member. If you need general information, please contact the general mailbox at Questions@CVFlood.ca.gov.
- We will be prioritizing permits based upon health and safety factors, including the availability of staff and partners, and application processing times may be extended during this period. Please bear with us as we work through this new system.
We appreciate your understanding during this situation.
We’re all in this together! Stay healthy and we’ll keep in touch with updates as we have them.